by Dani Taverna, Duality Artistry
With the allure of warm weather and beautiful, sandy beaches, brides all over the world dream of a Florida destination wedding. It’s no secret that Florida can be hot and humid all year long; so, I’ll share with you my Wedding Makeup Dos & Don’ts along with some tips on how your makeup application needs to change to accommodate Florida’s unique climate.
My top 5 Dos and Don’ts:
• DO wear a UVA/UVB, spf 30 on your face and body every day upon arrival to Florida.
• DO use bronzers on your face and body for a healthy, bronze glow.
• DON’T spray tan for the first time the day before your wedding. Experiment with different tones and get sprayed at least five days before your big event.
• DO schedule waxing and facials to be done at least 3 days before your wedding. Exfoliate the night before with a gentle, nonabrasive face wash.
• DON’T forget to drink plenty of water to keep your skin and body hydrated!
In Florida’s hot, humid sun, it’s all about primers for eyes, face and lips! Using primers under your foundation gives longevity to makeup, smooths skin’s texture and
minimizes pores. I prefer an oil free primer for most skin types. Priming your eye lids from the lash line to brow will hold powders in place (no creasing) and your shadows will
appear more vibrant. Apply primer to your lips to keep lipstick from feathering or bleeding.
Prone to crying? Use waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Choose brown or purple for more natural look. Black can be a bit harsh in photos.
Beach weddings can be breezy, so use very little gloss if wearing a veil.
Be confident with your look and say I DO!
Duality Artistry™…is a premier makeup artistry company based in, but not limited to, Southwest Florida. The founder and makeup artist, Dani Taverna, developed her passion for art and fashion while studying in Florence, Italy, and her talent for makeup artistry followed. Dani has worked as a regional and national makeup artist, traveling around the United States with innovative cosmetic lines for the past 12 years.
Dani Taverna, along with the Duality Artistry™ team, stays on the cutting edge of makeup and fashion and specializes in fashion, photography, print, special occasion and wedding makeup, Duality Artistry™ is associated with and doing makeup for Miami Beach International Fashion Week, New York Fashion Week, K.Hendrix, Gulfshore Life, Gulfshore Business, Uptowner magazines and DMA cosmetics, just to name a few.
Duality Artistry is a Preferred Vendor of the Edison & Ford Winter Estates.